Friday, January 14, 2011

Half way there!

Today marks 20 weeks or the half-way point of my pregnancy. Now that the morning sickness has mostly passed I can't believe how quickly this is going! Anyway, Bob and I went in for the ultrasound on January 7th and got to see our little one kicking and squirming and generally looking like a healthy little baby should.
This is a profile picture of the baby. I can't tell if his/her mouth is open in a yawn or if it's the chin tucked down by the chest. What do you think?
This is a picture of the baby's arms crossed in front of it's face.
Here is a picture of the baby's face although it looks like a skull to me, spooky and sweet all at the same time!

We are going to wait until the delivery to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. We did that with Grace and it was so much fun! When I got home Nathan told me that the pictures all look boyish to him but on the other hand there is some study that has been done that predicts the gender of the baby 97% of the time by what side the placenta is on. Supposedly the placenta on the right is a boy 97% of the time and on the left is a girl. Guess what side my placenta is on? Very definitely on the left! So we will have to wait and see if the study is right and the Moultrie tendencies to have lots of girls will continue on or if Nathan's prediction of a boy (no more "dumb old girls" for him) will win out! Can't wait for the end of May!!!

1 comment:

West Family said...

I can't believe you can wait---Aughh! Can I call the Dr and ask, I promise I won't tell:) Glad you are feeling well and that things are looking healthy! I have found that with all the gender prediction tests, they are usually only right about 50% of the time;)